Monday 4 August 2014

Upgrading IRISH Steyr AUGs:

I'd like to thank "Mike Foxtrot" for his update on the Irish Steyr AUGs.

"Mike" has commented that the Irish Defence Forces have purchased 6,000 new A3 Housing Groups that permit mounting *ACOG TA32x4 sights.

New Irish updates for Steyr AUG.

Also newly fitted/purchased will be Tactical 2 point slings and Istec Blank Firing Attachments.

Wikipedia says that the NZ SAS bought 260 of these sights back in 2004 - and that they are not at all concerned that there are cryptic references to bible quotes on the mounts ( "I am the light of the world"?) - as they are the best sights in the world. - The Biblical references appear as a "serial no." - but new production has eliminated these markings.

 - I was looking at one of them to mount on my new purchase  "Just Right" Carbine but shied away quickly when prices were identified.

The ACOG Sights cost plenty here in NZ - in the area of NZ$1,800 - while in USA they are approx. $1,250. Excellent sight optics though.

The NZ DF could do worse than to consider a similar upgrade maybe.

*ACOG = Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight.

Marty K
After researching & writing 1,036 blogs I've got something NEW to try .. I've signed-up to Patreon. - In over five years I've not made one cent from this .. NOW you can send me a wee support $ - starting from $1. to get all this stuff from New Zealand - over a year that's nearly the price of one Shooting magazine. - Am I worth it?

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=16618870

No comments:

Post a Comment